Visited Ilfracombe yesterday and was very impressed. The town was buzzing and loved it.
When we saw Verity we were amazed. Had no idea who had designed it as we could not see any plaque or sign as to this.
However, we thought it was beautiful. Cannot understand why anyone would find it ugly. Are pregnant women ugly?
Thought provoking? Yes, but that is what art is supposed to do, isn’t it?
I am by no means a fan of Damien Hirst. We had the cow and calf here in Torquay and I did not go to see it because I thought it in bad taste.
You may also want to watch:
Well done to Damien for this, though. The people of Ilfracombe should be proud of her and embrace her.
Good luck to you all.
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 3 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 4 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 5 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 6 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 7 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 8 Selaine Saxby's Henry to compete for Westminster Dog of the Year
- 9 Equestrian star celebrates with sporting royalty
- 10 Christine Stephenson found safe and well