Visited Ilfracombe yesterday and was very impressed. The town was buzzing and loved it.
When we saw Verity we were amazed. Had no idea who had designed it as we could not see any plaque or sign as to this.
However, we thought it was beautiful. Cannot understand why anyone would find it ugly. Are pregnant women ugly?
Thought provoking? Yes, but that is what art is supposed to do, isn’t it?
I am by no means a fan of Damien Hirst. We had the cow and calf here in Torquay and I did not go to see it because I thought it in bad taste.
You may also want to watch:
Well done to Damien for this, though. The people of Ilfracombe should be proud of her and embrace her.
Good luck to you all.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 6 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer