Visited Ilfracombe yesterday and was very impressed. The town was buzzing and loved it.
When we saw Verity we were amazed. Had no idea who had designed it as we could not see any plaque or sign as to this.
However, we thought it was beautiful. Cannot understand why anyone would find it ugly. Are pregnant women ugly?
Thought provoking? Yes, but that is what art is supposed to do, isn’t it?
I am by no means a fan of Damien Hirst. We had the cow and calf here in Torquay and I did not go to see it because I thought it in bad taste.
Well done to Damien for this, though. The people of Ilfracombe should be proud of her and embrace her.
Good luck to you all.
- 1 MP Selaine backs plans for boost to workers' pensions
- 2 Superb win on the road sets 2022 tone for Bideford
- 3 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 4 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 5 Small steps of hope for Bideford and Barnstaple
- 6 Store giants say Merry Christmas 9,000 times over
- 7 OPINION: The North Devon Hospice has come so far
- 8 SWW warns: 'Don't be frozen out'
- 9 Why Lorna gave up working from an office to build a business around passion for surfing
- 10 ‘What a Beautiful Noise' takes to Queens stage