Verity is grotesque
DAMIEN Hirst’s proposed statue is a grotesque figure. Ilfracombe already has its laughable “cooling towers/gas works” as regards the theatre building. I am totally opposed to it.
What happens after the 20-year “loan”. Are the taxpayers expected to pay for it? Was it the same planners?
Mr Hirst is alleged to want to build 500 eco-homes? Eco-homes shown on TV have weird shapes coming from them, certainly not in keeping with what planners insist on (rightly so).
I have only lived here nearly two years (having holidayed here for 43 years) and it seems neither the council or planners are trusted.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 2 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 5 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 6 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 7 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 8 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 9 Barnstaple amateur rider achieves lifelong ambition
- 10 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford