Verity is grotesque
DAMIEN Hirst’s proposed statue is a grotesque figure. Ilfracombe already has its laughable “cooling towers/gas works” as regards the theatre building. I am totally opposed to it.
What happens after the 20-year “loan”. Are the taxpayers expected to pay for it? Was it the same planners?
Mr Hirst is alleged to want to build 500 eco-homes? Eco-homes shown on TV have weird shapes coming from them, certainly not in keeping with what planners insist on (rightly so).
I have only lived here nearly two years (having holidayed here for 43 years) and it seems neither the council or planners are trusted.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 2 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 3 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 North Devon seconds look to bounce back from heavy defeat
- 6 Pensioner gets suspended sentence for 'unspeakable abuse images'
- 7 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
- 8 Shocked Barnstaple burglary victim watched raid on phone
- 9 Big opening-day wins for Bideford and Braunton
- 10 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home