Verity is grotesque
DAMIEN Hirst’s proposed statue is a grotesque figure. Ilfracombe already has its laughable “cooling towers/gas works” as regards the theatre building. I am totally opposed to it.
What happens after the 20-year “loan”. Are the taxpayers expected to pay for it? Was it the same planners?
Mr Hirst is alleged to want to build 500 eco-homes? Eco-homes shown on TV have weird shapes coming from them, certainly not in keeping with what planners insist on (rightly so).
I have only lived here nearly two years (having holidayed here for 43 years) and it seems neither the council or planners are trusted.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 2 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 3 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 4 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 7 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 8 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 A361: Crash involving car and lorry blocks Link Road near South Molton