Police are appealing for information after a series of vehicle thefts in Barnstaple.
A total of eight incidents were reported between Sunday, September 30 and Thursday, October 4, in which power tools were primarily taken.
PCSO Tony Charles said: “It appears that the majority of vehicles broken into were Ford Transit vans and access was gained without causing any damage, so it is possible that a skeleton key was used.
“Officers are reminding members of the public not to leave valuables in the vehicles – thieves know all of the hiding places.
“We would also advise car owners to park their vehicles in a garage or on a driveway if at all possible.”
Police advice on keeping vehicles safe includes:
• Secure doors, windows, boot and sunroof when leaving your vehicle.
• Don’t leave items on display when you leave the vehicle - including satellite navigations systems, their mount and any suction marks left visible.
• Make sure you remove the keys from the ignition when leaving your vehicle.
• Park in a well-lit location that is visible to passers by.
• Have your vehicle windows marked with the vehicle identification number.
• Never leave car documents or spare keys inside the vehicle.
Anyone with information is asked to email police at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 101 quoting crime reference number CR/090187/18.
Information can also be passed anonymously to the independent charity Crimestoppers by calling 0800 555 111 or reporting online at www.crimestoppers-uk.org