Vegas comes to Westward Ho!
VEGAS is coming to Westward Ho! for a special charity night fundraiser next week. Friends Kathy Smale and Laura Davison are staging a Vegas-style casino night at The Elizabethan in Merley Road as part of their fund-raising efforts in memory of Kathy s dad
VEGAS is coming to Westward Ho! for a special charity night fundraiser next week.
Friends Kathy Smale and Laura Davison are staging a Vegas-style casino night at The Elizabethan in Merley Road as part of their fund-raising efforts in memory of Kathy's dad, Jeff Snell, who died earlier this year at the age of 56.
The casino night will be the start of fund-raising that the girls, both 28, will continue by running the London Marathon next year.
It will include an Elvis tribute act, casino and roulette tables, raffle and auction.
You may also want to watch:
Her father had been a well-know figure locally, as a member of the Round Table and through playing football for Bideford, said Kathy.
After attending a stag night in Las Vegas, he and friends enjoyed themselves so much that they returned for three years afterwards to repeat the experience."
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 7 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 8 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 9 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 10 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
Money raised through the girls' efforts are to be shared between the North Devon Hospice, who provided Jeff with care, and Help the Hospices.
The casino night kicks off at 7pm on Friday, October 23. Tickets are �10 each and fancy dress is optional. Call Kathy on 07895165924 or Laura on (01237) 476283.