Vast improvement for community school
The latest Ofsted report shows that a school in Shebbear has made great progress.
A community primary school has seen major improvements according to its latest Ofsted report.
Ofsted inspector Alison Cogher spent two days at Shebbear Community School last month.
Her report concluded: “This is a good school. Children make good progress and achieve well. Positive relationships between teachers, teaching assistants and pupils help to ensure that a ‘can do’ atmosphere permeates lessons.”
The glowing report is a major improvement on the last inspection in 2008, which rated the school “satisfactory”.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Sally Strange said: “I am delighted that the school has been judged as good by the new, tougher Ofsted criteria. Many thanks to all the staff, governors, children and parents who have made this possible.”
To improve on its lastest inspection report, the school has been asked to ensure pupils make better progress in maths key stage two.
- 1 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 2 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 3 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 4 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 7 Plan to replace old North Devon Leisure Centre with housing submitted
- 8 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 9 Northam Murder: Expert says trail of clues link carer to the scene
- 10 A361: Crash involving car and lorry blocks Link Road near South Molton