Vandals trash disabled toilet
- Credit: Archant
More than £1,000 of damaged caused to loo at Bideford Football Club.
POLICE are appealing for information after more than £1,000 damage was caused to a disabled toilet at Bideford Football Club.
Vandals used a screwdriver to get inside the building before ripping off the sink, railings and other fixtures.
The water pipe was also damaged causing substantial flooding within the building, which is owned by Torridge District Council.
Police are appealing for witnesses to the incident which happened sometime between 5pm on Thursday, March 6 and 9am the next day.
You may also want to watch:
PC Adam Sinclair, of Bideford police, said: “This was a deliberate and malicious act of mindless vandalism which caused extensive damage within the toilet building.
“We are keen to speak to anyone who witnessed anything suspicious in the area at the time of the offence.”
- 1 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 2 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 3 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 4 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 5 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 6 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 7 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 8 South Molton youngsters enjoy Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup
- 9 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 10 Barnstaple firm develops new anti-Covid alloy to replace stainless steel
Anyone with any information is asked to contact police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously 0800 55511, quoting crime reference CD/14/507.