Vacancy after Ilfracombe councillor steps down
Councillor Colin Wright forced to step down from council due to ill health
A vacancy has arisen for a town councillor in Ilfracombe after following the resignation of Colin Wright due to ill health.
The Town Council will be seeking to co-opt a new member on to the council and is inviting applications from anyone who is interested in serving their community.
The closing date for applications is Friday, September 23 and the decision will be made at an extraordinary meeting of the council on Wednesday, September 28 at 7pm.
The West ward vacancy is open to anyone aged 18 and above who meets the criteria for living or working in and around the Ilfracombe area.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Wright was elected to the town council in May and was a district councillor for four years before that. He told the Gazette he is regretfully stepping down because he suffers from a progressive health condition which requires a great deal of time for hospital appointments.
“I have high hopes for Ilfracombe and I only wish I could still be involved, but unfortunately I can’t,” he said.
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 3 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 4 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 5 Why it‘s important to shop local in North Devon post-lockdown
- 6 MP nominates North Devon champions for Levelling Up Awards
- 7 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
- 8 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 9 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 10 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
“As a district and then town councillor I worked very closely with ITC and was very impressed by them. This is a place with great potential and fortunate to be in the hands of such a super set of people.”
To be considered for the role, send a letter of interest stating your name, address and reasons why you would like to be co-opted onto the town council and confirmation that you meet the statutory qualifications to: Finance & Office Manager, Ilfracombe Town Council, The Ilfracombe Centre, High Street, Ilfracombe, EX34 9AL. For more information call (01271) 855317.