SIR – I was thrilled to see that Bideford Mayor, Cllr Andy Powell, is to take part in the forthcoming archaeological dig in North Carolina to look for evidence of the lost colonists who landed at Roanoke Island and who may or may not, therefore, be coun
SIR - I was thrilled to see that Bideford Mayor, Cllr Andy Powell, is to take part in the forthcoming archaeological dig in North Carolina to look for evidence of the 'lost' colonists who landed at Roanoke Island and who may or may not, therefore, be counted amongst the founders of the USA.
Perhaps while he is there he may also ponder on the 'lost' wastebins and dog mess containers between Old Town and the Quay and if any of the excavations happen to turn up the dilapidated empty old buildings and even a 'lost' building firm to do something with the old Grenville Nursing Home in Meddon Street before bits of it fall on top of some modern day Bidefordians, we would all be eternally grateful.
After all we want the Little White Town to be fit for purpose when all those hordes of American tourists descend bearing dollars and DNA testing kits, don't we?
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 2 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 North Devon architectural practice appoints new director
- 5 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 6 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 7 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 8 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 9 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 10 Barnstaple Waterstones to host first event since March 2020