SIR – I was thrilled to see that Bideford Mayor, Cllr Andy Powell, is to take part in the forthcoming archaeological dig in North Carolina to look for evidence of the lost colonists who landed at Roanoke Island and who may or may not, therefore, be coun
SIR - I was thrilled to see that Bideford Mayor, Cllr Andy Powell, is to take part in the forthcoming archaeological dig in North Carolina to look for evidence of the 'lost' colonists who landed at Roanoke Island and who may or may not, therefore, be counted amongst the founders of the USA.
Perhaps while he is there he may also ponder on the 'lost' wastebins and dog mess containers between Old Town and the Quay and if any of the excavations happen to turn up the dilapidated empty old buildings and even a 'lost' building firm to do something with the old Grenville Nursing Home in Meddon Street before bits of it fall on top of some modern day Bidefordians, we would all be eternally grateful.
After all we want the Little White Town to be fit for purpose when all those hordes of American tourists descend bearing dollars and DNA testing kits, don't we?
You may also want to watch:
- 1 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 2 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 3 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 4 High Streets reopen across Torridge
- 5 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 6 Four cousins take on Four Church Challenge
- 7 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 8 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 9 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 10 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford