Upgrade for Barnstaple bus station
NORTH Devon Council will start much-needed repairs to Barnstaple Bus Station on Monday (June 15).Work will be carried out to improve the condition of the road surface and stands and is expected to take two weeks to complete. It will mean that a few change
NORTH Devon Council will start much-needed repairs to Barnstaple Bus Station on Monday (June 15).Work will be carried out to improve the condition of the road surface and stands and is expected to take two weeks to complete. It will mean that a few changes are being made to stops within the bus station.
The lay-by in Queen Street next to the bus station will be closed to the public and will be used as a temporary bus stop for services 1 (Barnstaple - Westward Ho!) and 2 (Barnstaple - Appledore).
Stops for other services will remain within the bus station but may be moved around as work progresses. Passengers will be assisted by members of staff from the bus station to direct them to their bus and provide any additional information.
Martin Williams, the council's transportation and procurement manager, said: "The road surface and stands at the bus station are in desperate need of repair.
"We will work alongside the bus companies to do our very best to minimise the disruption to members of the public and help with any enquiries that they may have."
During the works there will be no disruption to timetables, with services to and from Barnstaple running as normal.
- 1 North Devon holiday home tax dodgers face crackdown
- 2 Urgent appeal goes out to help keep teenagers off the streets
- 3 War hero, SWW champion and author Tony dies at 97
- 4 How can we celebrate Queen's Platinum?
- 5 Chance at last to sing along with the Winkleigh Singers
- 6 Popular character Joan dies at 92
- 7 Exercise the 'chuckle muscle' with comedian Jason Manford
- 8 MP Selaine Saxby: Violence against women and girls
- 9 Go ahead for 211 homes but Bideford plans fall short on affordable homes
- 10 Tennis ace Eric follows in Max's fund-raising footsteps