Updated: Woman dies after November collision on A377
- Credit: Archant
Family pay tribute to an ‘active member of the community’.
A WOMAN from Copplestone has died following a collision on the A377 in November between Crediton and Copplestone.
78-year-old Patricia Daniels was driving a red Nissan Almera which was involved in a collision with a silver Volvo C70 just before 5pm on Tuesday, November 27.
Mrs Daniels was taken to hospital following the incident but died on Monday.
Her family said in a tribute: “She was an active member of the Copplestone community and a member of the local Women’s Institute and contributed to the 2012 drive to secure £50,000 National Lottery funding for the creation of the Copplestone Recreation Field.
You may also want to watch:
“Mrs Daniels was a London bus conductor for 30 years who witnessed and survived the London Poll-tax riots as part of her distinguished service.
“She then went on to fulfill her retirement wish of moving to the country with her animals.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 4 Staff at Wimpy Barnstaple receive special bonus
- 5 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 6 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby receives parliamentary promotion
- 7 Dignitaries formally open Penrose Almshouses in Barnstaple
- 8 Mercy for Lynton farm shop keeper who grew cannabis
- 9 Extinction Rebellion celebrate Big Green Week in Barnstaple
- 10 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
“She will be greatly missed by her children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren who will remember Pat as a strong, independent woman who was known for her love of soap operas and animals.
“Pat was the owner of three cats and two Border Collies who she enjoyed taking for their daily walk in Shobrooke Park.”
Police are keen speak to the driver of a Peugeot 306 which was being driven towards Barnstaple who may have witnessed what happened.
The cause of the incident is still under investigation and anyone who witnessed the collision is asked to come forward.
Anyone with any information asked to contact Devon and Cornwall Police on 101 quoting log number 494 271112.