Updated: Woman dies after November collision on A377
- Credit: Archant
Family pay tribute to an ‘active member of the community’.
A WOMAN from Copplestone has died following a collision on the A377 in November between Crediton and Copplestone.
78-year-old Patricia Daniels was driving a red Nissan Almera which was involved in a collision with a silver Volvo C70 just before 5pm on Tuesday, November 27.
Mrs Daniels was taken to hospital following the incident but died on Monday.
Her family said in a tribute: “She was an active member of the Copplestone community and a member of the local Women’s Institute and contributed to the 2012 drive to secure £50,000 National Lottery funding for the creation of the Copplestone Recreation Field.
“Mrs Daniels was a London bus conductor for 30 years who witnessed and survived the London Poll-tax riots as part of her distinguished service.
“She then went on to fulfill her retirement wish of moving to the country with her animals.
- 1 Two vehicle crash blocks Link Road near Barnstaple
- 2 Devon's special educational needs funding ‘broken’
- 3 7 Ways to work on North Devon's beaches in 2022 - Stephanie Conway
- 4 Go ahead for 211 homes but Bideford plans fall short on affordable homes
- 5 OPINION: An introduction from Torridge council leader Ken James
- 6 South Molton's top 10 rating for pannier market
- 7 Remembering much-loved and once-heaving Ilfracombe train station
- 8 Holiday firm's New Year gift for hospice
- 9 2021 was breakthrough year for Cancer and Wellbeing Fern Centre
- 10 Covid outbreaks in Devon’s care homes at highest level since pandemic began
“She will be greatly missed by her children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren who will remember Pat as a strong, independent woman who was known for her love of soap operas and animals.
“Pat was the owner of three cats and two Border Collies who she enjoyed taking for their daily walk in Shobrooke Park.”
Police are keen speak to the driver of a Peugeot 306 which was being driven towards Barnstaple who may have witnessed what happened.
The cause of the incident is still under investigation and anyone who witnessed the collision is asked to come forward.
Anyone with any information asked to contact Devon and Cornwall Police on 101 quoting log number 494 271112.