Updated: Westward Ho! gate to Northam Burrows vandalised
- Credit: Archant
Gate temporarily closed this morning (Tues) as council repairs damaged locks.
THE Westward Ho! gate to Northam Burrows has reopened today (Weds) after a number of incidents of vandalism forced it to shut yesterday.
Torridge District Council, who owns the gate, confirmed yesterday the damage had been caused some time overnight between Monday and Tuesday, and they were working to fix it.
Staff normally close the gate and dusk and open it again at dawn, but found they could not unlock it this morning.
A police spokesman said three locks had been damaged in more than one incident between Thursday and today (Tues).
You may also want to watch:
Officers are currently investigating and anyone with any information is asked to call police on non-emergency number 101 quoting crime reference CD/13/2133.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 3 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 4 Barnstaple Roundtable focuses on the importance of defibrillators
- 5 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 6 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby leads World Ocean Day debate
- 7 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 8 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 9 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 10 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new