Updated: Westward Ho! gate to Northam Burrows vandalised
- Credit: Archant
Gate temporarily closed this morning (Tues) as council repairs damaged locks.
THE Westward Ho! gate to Northam Burrows has reopened today (Weds) after a number of incidents of vandalism forced it to shut yesterday.
Torridge District Council, who owns the gate, confirmed yesterday the damage had been caused some time overnight between Monday and Tuesday, and they were working to fix it.
Staff normally close the gate and dusk and open it again at dawn, but found they could not unlock it this morning.
A police spokesman said three locks had been damaged in more than one incident between Thursday and today (Tues).
You may also want to watch:
Officers are currently investigating and anyone with any information is asked to call police on non-emergency number 101 quoting crime reference CD/13/2133.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 3 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 4 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 7 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 8 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 9 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 10 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience