Updated: Weather warning as North Devon experiences heavy rainfall
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
More rain on the way for North Devon this evening, as warnings are issued for tomorrow, Thursday and Friday.
FURTHER heavy rainfall is expected this afternoon (Mon) across North Devon.
This morning, the Met Office issued a yellow weather warning running until 10am.
But another warning has been put in place from 2pm until midnight, with more showers expected.
A spokesman for the Met Office said: “Bands of heavy rain will continue to feed across south west England today.
You may also want to watch:
“Dorset and Wiltshire will probably see the heavier rain this afternoon, though the focus shifts back west towards Devon and Cornwall this evening.”
Further weather warnings have been issued for the area on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
- 1 UPDATE: Two people airlifted to hospital after A361 Link Road crash
- 2 Heavy traffic in Barnstaple after crash involving car and pedestrian
- 3 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 4 Torrington school switches to remote learning after Covid cases
- 5 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 6 Rescue dog finally finds forever home after more than 200 days
- 7 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 8 Farmer who caused lamb ‘unnecessary suffering’ given two year ban
- 9 Moore makes mark as North Devon beat Budleigh Salterton
- 10 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
The spokesman added: “Although there is some uncertainty over timing, further bands of persistent and occasionally heavy rain are expected to spread to parts of south west England and Wales later on Thursday and continue to spread north and east overnight.
“Following recent weather this additional rainfall brings a continuing risk of minor disruption due to river and surface water flooding.
“Two day totals in the wetter areas, especially hillier locations, may reach 40mm and locally 60mm. Clearer but still showery weather should spread to at least southern areas during Friday.”
Check back for more as we have it. Have you seen any flooding in your area? Contact the newsdesk on firstname.lastname@example.org.