Updated: Two collisions cause traffic chaos on A39
- Credit: Archant
Police confirmedd two collisions as motorists report slow-moving traffic and foggy conditions.
POLICE have confirmed reports of two collisions on the A39 this morning (Thurs) which have caused traffic to back up during rush hour.
At 8.25am a motorcyclist was injured after being involved in a collision with a lorry.
Police said the man from Horrabridge was ‘knocked off’ his 800cc Honda after being involved in a collision with a Volvo HGV just north of the Instow turn off.
A full road closure was put in place while the man was checked by paramedics but he has not been taken to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
At 8.55am a separate two-vehicle collision at Westleigh on the A39 has caused the Bideford-bound lane to be closed.
Police said the collision involved a Vauxhall Agila registered to Bideford and a Toyota Yaris registered to Barnstaple was ‘damage only’.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 3 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 4 Barnstaple Roundtable focuses on the importance of defibrillators
- 5 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 6 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby leads World Ocean Day debate
- 8 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 9 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 10 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
One lane of the A39 remains closed while the vehicles await recovery.
Commuters stuck in the slow-moving traffic have reported foggy conditions on the roads this morning.
Check back for more information as we have it.