Updated: Road re-opened after four vehicle collision on Torridge Bridge
Three cars and a van were involved in a collision this afternoon and emergency services are on scene.
THE Torridge Bridge has been re-opened following a four vehicle collision this afternoon (Fri).
The collision occurred around 1.55pm and the road was closed in both directions.
At 3.05pm the Bideford-bound carriageway was reopened and the road is now completely clear.
Police confirmed there were several people reported to be injured but details of the injuries are not yet known.
You may also want to watch:
The incident involved a white Ford transit van, a white Hyundai 110, a green Peugeot Partner and a silver Hyundai Getz.
Traffic is reported to be heavy in the area and motorists are advised to seek an alternative route.
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 3 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 4 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 5 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 6 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 7 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 8 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 9 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 10 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
Check back for more as we have it.