Updated: Road re-opened after four vehicle collision on Torridge Bridge
Three cars and a van were involved in a collision this afternoon and emergency services are on scene.
THE Torridge Bridge has been re-opened following a four vehicle collision this afternoon (Fri).
The collision occurred around 1.55pm and the road was closed in both directions.
At 3.05pm the Bideford-bound carriageway was reopened and the road is now completely clear.
Police confirmed there were several people reported to be injured but details of the injuries are not yet known.
The incident involved a white Ford transit van, a white Hyundai 110, a green Peugeot Partner and a silver Hyundai Getz.
Traffic is reported to be heavy in the area and motorists are advised to seek an alternative route.
- 1 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 2 MP Selaine backs plans for boost to workers' pensions
- 3 Small steps of hope for Bideford and Barnstaple
- 4 Steve’s family and friends bring Christmas to hospital ward
- 5 Property of the Week: Some of the finest views of North Devon's coast
- 6 Together we can look forward to 2022
- 7 Store giants say Merry Christmas 9,000 times over
- 8 Masons donate £20,000 to food banks
- 9 OPINION: Hi-Tech – Is North Devon ahead or behind the curve?
- 10 SWW warns: 'Don't be frozen out'
Check back for more as we have it.