Updated: Road re-opened after four vehicle collision on Torridge Bridge
Three cars and a van were involved in a collision this afternoon and emergency services are on scene.
THE Torridge Bridge has been re-opened following a four vehicle collision this afternoon (Fri).
The collision occurred around 1.55pm and the road was closed in both directions.
At 3.05pm the Bideford-bound carriageway was reopened and the road is now completely clear.
Police confirmed there were several people reported to be injured but details of the injuries are not yet known.
You may also want to watch:
The incident involved a white Ford transit van, a white Hyundai 110, a green Peugeot Partner and a silver Hyundai Getz.
Traffic is reported to be heavy in the area and motorists are advised to seek an alternative route.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 7 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment
- 8 Great Big Green Week backed by North Devon Council
- 9 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
- 10 Man left with 'life changing' injuries after assault in Barnstaple
Check back for more as we have it.