UPDATED: Road closed after ‘head-on’ collision
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Emergency services called to attend casualties in Bishops Tawton.
POLICE have closed part of the A377 following what is being described as a ‘head-on collision’ between two vehicles in Bishops Tawton.
A grey Peugeot 205 and a silver Freelander, both registered to addresses in Barnstaple, are understood to have crashed shortly after 4pm today (Friday).
Police said that two male casualties were currently being treated at the scene, one at the side of the road and the other inside a vehicle.
Ambulance and fire services have also been called to the scene at Rumsam Bridge, near the roundabout with the A361.
You may also want to watch:
Check back for more information as we have it.
UPDATE 17.04: Fire service report that both casualties are now clear of the vehicles and are in the hands of paramedics.
- 1 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 2 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 5 Torridge launches Waste and Recycling Roadshows
- 6 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 7 PICTURES: Women 'Walk Taller Than The Trees' at Nightwalk 2021
- 8 Arts Council England announces support for North Devon
- 9 PICTURES: Bideford 10k is back for 2021
- 10 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment
UPDATE: 17.28: Police say the road is likely to be closed for ‘some time’ due to ‘medical issues’ at the scene of the crash. Divers are advised to avoid the area and find alternative routes if possible.