UPDATED: Road closed after ‘head-on’ collision
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Emergency services called to attend casualties in Bishops Tawton.
POLICE have closed part of the A377 following what is being described as a ‘head-on collision’ between two vehicles in Bishops Tawton.
A grey Peugeot 205 and a silver Freelander, both registered to addresses in Barnstaple, are understood to have crashed shortly after 4pm today (Friday).
Police said that two male casualties were currently being treated at the scene, one at the side of the road and the other inside a vehicle.
Ambulance and fire services have also been called to the scene at Rumsam Bridge, near the roundabout with the A361.
You may also want to watch:
Check back for more information as we have it.
UPDATE 17.04: Fire service report that both casualties are now clear of the vehicles and are in the hands of paramedics.
- 1 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 2 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 3 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 4 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 5 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 6 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 7 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 8 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 9 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 10 Brian Greenslade's name scraped off plaque after sex assault trial
UPDATE: 17.28: Police say the road is likely to be closed for ‘some time’ due to ‘medical issues’ at the scene of the crash. Divers are advised to avoid the area and find alternative routes if possible.