Updated: Pub plans for Bideford one step closer
- Credit: Archant
J D Wetherspoon complete sale on Bideford Carpet and Furnishings store.
PUB chain J D Wetherspoon has completed a deal to purchase a site in Bideford.
The deal on 9 Bridgeland Street was completed yesterday (Thurs) and the company now has planning and licensing permission.
This week, the Gazette reported a planning application was submitted by J D Wetherspoon for a proposed new pub in Bideford.
The application for a revised floor layout at the site, currently Bideford Carpet and Furnishing Centre, is currently awaiting a decision.
You may also want to watch:
The plans included an outside terrace with doors that could be opened in the summer, a bar and a kitchen.
On the first floor, the plans showed toilets, a ladies ante room, and store room.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 5 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 6 Celebrating 15 years of North Devon charity Families in Grief
- 7 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 8 World’s Biggest Macmillan Coffee Morning backed by North Devon MP
- 9 Devon Police commissioner commits to tackling gender violence
- 10 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
In November 2011, the Gazette reported the pub could bring 45-50 new jobs in the town.
Planning permission to convert the retail store into a public house was granted by Torridge District Council in May last year.
There are currently no proposed dates for the opening as yet.