Updated: Pub plans for Bideford one step closer
- Credit: Archant
J D Wetherspoon complete sale on Bideford Carpet and Furnishings store.
PUB chain J D Wetherspoon has completed a deal to purchase a site in Bideford.
The deal on 9 Bridgeland Street was completed yesterday (Thurs) and the company now has planning and licensing permission.
This week, the Gazette reported a planning application was submitted by J D Wetherspoon for a proposed new pub in Bideford.
The application for a revised floor layout at the site, currently Bideford Carpet and Furnishing Centre, is currently awaiting a decision.
You may also want to watch:
The plans included an outside terrace with doors that could be opened in the summer, a bar and a kitchen.
On the first floor, the plans showed toilets, a ladies ante room, and store room.
- 1 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 2 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 3 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 4 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 5 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 6 South Molton youngsters enjoy Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup
- 7 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 8 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 9 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 10 Teams needed for Appledore RNLI Boat Pull
In November 2011, the Gazette reported the pub could bring 45-50 new jobs in the town.
Planning permission to convert the retail store into a public house was granted by Torridge District Council in May last year.
There are currently no proposed dates for the opening as yet.