Updated: Pub plans for Bideford one step closer
- Credit: Archant
J D Wetherspoon complete sale on Bideford Carpet and Furnishings store.
PUB chain J D Wetherspoon has completed a deal to purchase a site in Bideford.
The deal on 9 Bridgeland Street was completed yesterday (Thurs) and the company now has planning and licensing permission.
This week, the Gazette reported a planning application was submitted by J D Wetherspoon for a proposed new pub in Bideford.
The application for a revised floor layout at the site, currently Bideford Carpet and Furnishing Centre, is currently awaiting a decision.
The plans included an outside terrace with doors that could be opened in the summer, a bar and a kitchen.
On the first floor, the plans showed toilets, a ladies ante room, and store room.
- 1 Popular character Joan dies at 92
- 2 Why Lorna gave up working from an office to build a business around passion for surfing
- 3 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 4 Young Jack strides out again for charity
- 5 These companies are out to tempt you before you're out of nappies
- 6 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 7 Urgent appeal goes out to help keep teenagers off the streets
- 8 Small steps of hope for Bideford and Barnstaple
- 9 MP Selaine backs plans for boost to workers' pensions
- 10 Superb win on the road sets 2022 tone for Bideford
In November 2011, the Gazette reported the pub could bring 45-50 new jobs in the town.
Planning permission to convert the retail store into a public house was granted by Torridge District Council in May last year.
There are currently no proposed dates for the opening as yet.