Updated: Pensioner bailed after Northam stabbing
- Credit: Archant
Man found in the early hours of this morning with stab wounds to his neck, hands and leg.
A 72-year-old woman has been bailed after allegedlystabbing a 79-year-old man in the early hours of yesterday morning (Mon).
The pensioner was arrested yesterday on suspicion of attempted murder and will return to Barnstaple Police Station this afternoon.
When officers arrived at the property in Northam at around 2.40am they found the man with a number of stab wounds to his neck, hands and leg.
The man was taken to North Devon District Hospital for treatment and the woman was arrested at the property.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said his injuries were not thought to be life threatening and he was expected to make a full recovery.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 3 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 4 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 7 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 8 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 9 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
- 10 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment