Updated: Man with meat cleaver tasered by police in Barnstaple
- Credit: Archant
The 35-year-old was tasered by armed officers and has been charged with several offences.
A 35-year-old will appear in court this morning (Weds) charged with causing criminal damage, possessing a bladed weapon, and affray.
Kristian Maddocks, of Barnstaple, was arrested in Hughes Avenue in the early hours of yesterday morning.
It is alleged he was wielding a meat cleaver and using it to damage lamp posts and street furniture in Hughes Avenue.
Armed police arrived at the scene at around 1.45am and had to taser him to be able to make an arrest.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said around 20 lampposts and other street furniture was damaged. Mr Maddocks will appeat at Exeter Magistrates’ Court today.
- 1 UPDATE: Two people airlifted to hospital after A361 Link Road crash
- 2 Heavy traffic in Barnstaple after crash involving car and pedestrian
- 3 Torrington school switches to remote learning after Covid cases
- 4 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 5 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 6 Rescue dog finally finds forever home after more than 200 days
- 7 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 8 Farmer who caused lamb ‘unnecessary suffering’ given two year ban
- 9 Moore makes mark as North Devon beat Budleigh Salterton
- 10 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up