Updated: Man with meat cleaver tasered by police in Barnstaple
- Credit: Archant
The 35-year-old was tasered by armed officers and has been charged with several offences.
A 35-year-old will appear in court this morning (Weds) charged with causing criminal damage, possessing a bladed weapon, and affray.
Kristian Maddocks, of Barnstaple, was arrested in Hughes Avenue in the early hours of yesterday morning.
It is alleged he was wielding a meat cleaver and using it to damage lamp posts and street furniture in Hughes Avenue.
Armed police arrived at the scene at around 1.45am and had to taser him to be able to make an arrest.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said around 20 lampposts and other street furniture was damaged. Mr Maddocks will appeat at Exeter Magistrates’ Court today.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 7 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 8 Bideford's Millbrook Dairy awarded its first star at Great Taste Awards
- 9 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 10 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's