Updated: Man killed in tractor incident named by police
- Credit: Archant
The man became trapped when his tractor mounted a verge and dropped into a drainage gulley on Sunday
A 54-year-old man has died after he became trapped when his tractor mounted a verge near Hallwill Junction on Sunday.
Kevin Vallance, from Okehampton, was killed when he was thrown from the vehicle and became pinned by it on the unclassified road between Chilla and Chilla Chapel Cross, near Halwill Junction in the Beaworthy area, at around 5.50pm.
A police spokesman said: “A tractor towing an un-laden trailer had mounted a verge to its nearside and its nearside wheels had dropped into a drainage gulley between the verge and the hedge.
“The tractor had been travelling towards Chilla from the direction of Halwill Junction.
You may also want to watch:
“The driver was ejected from the vehicle and became pinned by the tractor.
“He was released by local residents who began first aid procedures including CPR.”
- 1 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 2 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 3 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 4 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 5 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 6 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 7 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 8 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 9 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 10 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
Mr Vallance was airlifted to Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital where he later died.
Police are appealing for witnesses who may have seen the tractor travelling in the area prior to the collision. Anyone with any information can call 101 quoting log number 583 of 12 May 2013.