Updated: Man bailed and two in hospital following serious collision on A361 Link Road
- Credit: Archant
It is thought the Barnstaple-bound carriageway will be closed until this evening.
THE Barnstaple-bound carriageway of the A361 Link Road was closed for hours following a serious collision at Tiverton yesterday (Tues) morning.
Two men, both in their 40s from Tiverton, were airlifted to Derriford and the Royal Devon and Exeter hospitals after the collision.
One is described as being in a serious condition and the other is critical.
The collision is thought to have involved a van and two men working on the carriageway, and the 43-year-old van driver from Saltash was arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving.
You may also want to watch:
He was taken to Heavitree Road in Exeter and has been released on bail until May.
A third man injured in the incident was described as ‘walking wounded’ by police.
- 1 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 2 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 3 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 4 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 5 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 6 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 7 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 8 Celebrating 15 years of North Devon charity Families in Grief
- 9 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
- 10 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
Police and emergency services were called to a collision on the northbound carriageway close to Gornhay Cross at 11am today.
The East-bound carriageway opened but the Barnstaple-bound carriageway remained closed until the evening.
Diversions were in place and as it was near to a slip road drivers were able to take the off slip and then rejoin the carriageway after the incident on the on-slip.