Updated: Man bailed and two in hospital following serious collision on A361 Link Road
- Credit: Archant
It is thought the Barnstaple-bound carriageway will be closed until this evening.
THE Barnstaple-bound carriageway of the A361 Link Road was closed for hours following a serious collision at Tiverton yesterday (Tues) morning.
Two men, both in their 40s from Tiverton, were airlifted to Derriford and the Royal Devon and Exeter hospitals after the collision.
One is described as being in a serious condition and the other is critical.
The collision is thought to have involved a van and two men working on the carriageway, and the 43-year-old van driver from Saltash was arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving.
You may also want to watch:
He was taken to Heavitree Road in Exeter and has been released on bail until May.
A third man injured in the incident was described as ‘walking wounded’ by police.
- 1 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 2 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 3 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 4 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 5 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 6 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 7 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 8 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 9 South Molton youngsters enjoy Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup
- 10 Barnstaple firm develops new anti-Covid alloy to replace stainless steel
Police and emergency services were called to a collision on the northbound carriageway close to Gornhay Cross at 11am today.
The East-bound carriageway opened but the Barnstaple-bound carriageway remained closed until the evening.
Diversions were in place and as it was near to a slip road drivers were able to take the off slip and then rejoin the carriageway after the incident on the on-slip.