Updated: Man airlifted to hospital after ‘head on’ collision in Winkleigh
- Credit: Archant
Police, fire and ambulance crews were scrambled to the scene at around 8.30am this morning.
A MAN has been airlifted to hospital following a ‘head on’ collision just outside of Winkleigh this morning (Mon).
The A3124 reopened at 2.55pm after the collision between a blue Peugeot 307 and a silver Ford Puma near Redpost Cross.
Fire crews from Chulmleigh and North Tawton were called to the scene three miles outside of North Tawton at around 8.30am.
Group commander Neil Blackburn said fire fighters had to perform a ‘difficult extrication’ to release the driver from Puma.
You may also want to watch:
The man, who is in his 40s, was airlifted to Derriford Hospital with serious leg and pelvis injuries.
The driver of the Peugeot - a woman in her 20s - was taken to hospital as a precaution.
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 3 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 4 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 5 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 6 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 7 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 8 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 9 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI
- 10 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
A police spokesman said the Peugeot was driving in a northerly direction and the Puma was travelling in the opposite direction.
Police from the Serious Collision Investigation Unit are appealing for witnesses to this incident to contact them on 101 quoting log number 101 of January 13.