Updated: Heavy rainfall predicted for North Devon
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Yellow weather warning predicted for Friday and Saturday, though many have enjoyed sunshine this morning.
A YELLOW weather warning for rain remains in place across today (Fri) and tomorrow – despite many across North Devon waking up to sunshine.
Slow-moving rainfall is predicted to make its way across the country, with 20-40mm of rain expected in some places.
South West England could be hit by heavy, thundery showers, with the potential for up to 50mm of rain to fall in a few hours/
The weather warning is currently in place until midnight on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
A chief forecaster at the Met Office said: “There is still significant uncertainty as to where and when the heaviest rainfall and greatest impacts will occur.”
- 1 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 2 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 3 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 6 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 7 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 8 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 9 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 10 Lockdown breaker caught dealing cannabis in Barnstaple