Updated: Fire crews tackle bus fire on A39
- Credit: Archant
Road closed due to double-decker blaze
FIREFIGHTERS were called to tackle a bus fire on the A39 at Roundswell, Barnstaple last night (Thurs).
The double-decker Stagecoach appeared to have caught fire near the BP garage at around 6.30pm.
The road between Barnstaple and Bideford was closed to enable emergency services to attend to the incident.
Two fire engines and a water foam carrier from Barnstaple attended the scene and found the bus well alight.
You may also want to watch:
Fire fighters extinguished the blaze wearing breathing apparatus and using four hose reel jets, a thermal imaging camera, an environmental pack and a short extension ladder.
- 1 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 2 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 3 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 6 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 7 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 8 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 9 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 10 Lockdown breaker caught dealing cannabis in Barnstaple