Updated: Fire crews tackle bus fire on A39
- Credit: Archant
Road closed due to double-decker blaze
FIREFIGHTERS were called to tackle a bus fire on the A39 at Roundswell, Barnstaple last night (Thurs).
The double-decker Stagecoach appeared to have caught fire near the BP garage at around 6.30pm.
The road between Barnstaple and Bideford was closed to enable emergency services to attend to the incident.
Two fire engines and a water foam carrier from Barnstaple attended the scene and found the bus well alight.
You may also want to watch:
Fire fighters extinguished the blaze wearing breathing apparatus and using four hose reel jets, a thermal imaging camera, an environmental pack and a short extension ladder.
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 3 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 4 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 5 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 6 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 7 North Devon's Amy Riley takes her motorsports dream to next level
- 8 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 9 Council leader calls Government 'incompetent' and warns of 'winter of discontent'
- 10 North Devon taxi company appeals for help with driver shortage