Updated: Child taken to hospital following A39 crash
- Credit: Archant
Road near the Abbotsham and Clovelly Road roundabout partially re opened after driver and child both taken to hospital.
A CHILD is being kept in hospital under observation after a crash on the A39 near Bideford this morning.
The young girl and the driver of one of the two vehicles involved were both taken to North Devon District Hospital after the collision near the Abbotsham and Clovelly Road roundabout shortly after 11.30am.
Police said the incident involved a grey MG ZS and a blue Ford Mondeo. Eyewitnesses said the wreckage of one of the vehicles had come to rest on the opposite side of the carriageway.
A police spokesperson confirmed the road had partially reopened at 2pm although road cleaners were currently still at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
She confirmed the driver taken to hopsital had suffered a bruised rib. Neither the child or adult’s injuries were thought to life threatening.
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 3 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 4 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 5 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 6 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 7 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 8 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 9 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 10 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses