Updated: A3124 closed after lorry spills 1,000 litres of diesel onto road
- Credit: Archant
The collision occurred between Culm Cross at North Tawton and the Winkleigh junction this afternoon (Fri).
POLICE have closed the A3124 between Culm Cross in North Tawton and the Winkleigh junction after more than 1,000 litres of diesel spilled onto the road.
The collision between the white Scania lorry and red Aprilla motorcycle occurred at around 1.15pm this afternoon (Fri).
A police spokesman said a tank had fallen from the lorry and hit the motorcyclist, who was described as ‘walking wounded’.
Fire crews from North Tawton attended the scene after four diesel tanks which had fallen from the lorry poured diesel onto the roadway.
You may also want to watch:
Crews stemmed the flow of the diesel and contained the run off using soil and an environmental spill kit.
The Environment Agency also attended. It is thought the road will be closed for some time.
- 1 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 2 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 3 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 4 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 5 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 6 South Molton youngsters enjoy Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup
- 7 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 8 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 9 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 10 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub