Updated: A3124 closed after lorry spills 1,000 litres of diesel onto road
- Credit: Archant
The collision occurred between Culm Cross at North Tawton and the Winkleigh junction this afternoon (Fri).
POLICE have closed the A3124 between Culm Cross in North Tawton and the Winkleigh junction after more than 1,000 litres of diesel spilled onto the road.
The collision between the white Scania lorry and red Aprilla motorcycle occurred at around 1.15pm this afternoon (Fri).
A police spokesman said a tank had fallen from the lorry and hit the motorcyclist, who was described as ‘walking wounded’.
Fire crews from North Tawton attended the scene after four diesel tanks which had fallen from the lorry poured diesel onto the roadway.
You may also want to watch:
Crews stemmed the flow of the diesel and contained the run off using soil and an environmental spill kit.
The Environment Agency also attended. It is thought the road will be closed for some time.
- 1 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 2 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 3 PICTURES: Women 'Walk Taller Than The Trees' at Nightwalk 2021
- 4 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 5 PICTURES: Bideford 10k is back for 2021
- 6 Torridge launches Waste and Recycling Roadshows
- 7 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 8 Arts Council England announces support for North Devon
- 9 Dolton remembers resident Rolling Stone Charlie Watts
- 10 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed