UPDATE: Two die in A361 link road crash
A MAN and a woman have died following an accident on the A361 North Devon link road near South Molton yesterday afternoon (Monday). They were both pronounced dead at the scene of the crash, which happened at Moortown Cross at 4.18pm. Police said their sil
A MAN and a woman have died following an accident on the A361 North Devon link road near South Molton yesterday afternoon (Monday).
They were both pronounced dead at the scene of the crash, which happened at Moortown Cross at 4.18pm.
Police said their silver Vauxhall Corsa, travelling towards Barnstaple, collided with a silver Renault Scenic travelling in the opposite direction.
The occupants of the Renault Scenic were taken to Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital; their injuries are not believed to be life threatening.
You may also want to watch:
The road was closed for a number of hours to enable rescue crews to attend to the casualties. Fire crews from South Molton, Witheridge and Tiverton used hydraulic cutting equipment to reach those trapped in the wreckage.
In January this year, South Molton couple Stephen and Melanie Potter died on the same stretch of road when their Vauxhall Corsa was in collision with a lorry
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 3 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 4 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 5 North Devon's Amy Riley takes her motorsports dream to next level
- 6 Council leader calls Government 'incompetent' and warns of 'winter of discontent'
- 7 Mission: Unbreakable back with a bang for 2021
- 8 North Devon taxi company appeals for help with driver shortage
- 9 MP calls on councils to 'do more' to support Barnstaple town centre
- 10 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
Following the accident, more concerns were raised over the safety of the road, which campaigners say should be made a dual carriageway.
Police are appealing for any witnesses who saw Monday's collision or the events leading up to it to contact them on 08452 777444 quoting log number 685 of 21/06/10.