UPDATE: Two die in A361 link road crash
A MAN and a woman have died following an accident on the A361 North Devon link road near South Molton yesterday afternoon (Monday). They were both pronounced dead at the scene of the crash, which happened at Moortown Cross at 4.18pm. Police said their sil
A MAN and a woman have died following an accident on the A361 North Devon link road near South Molton yesterday afternoon (Monday).
They were both pronounced dead at the scene of the crash, which happened at Moortown Cross at 4.18pm.
Police said their silver Vauxhall Corsa, travelling towards Barnstaple, collided with a silver Renault Scenic travelling in the opposite direction.
The occupants of the Renault Scenic were taken to Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital; their injuries are not believed to be life threatening.
You may also want to watch:
The road was closed for a number of hours to enable rescue crews to attend to the casualties. Fire crews from South Molton, Witheridge and Tiverton used hydraulic cutting equipment to reach those trapped in the wreckage.
In January this year, South Molton couple Stephen and Melanie Potter died on the same stretch of road when their Vauxhall Corsa was in collision with a lorry
- 1 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 2 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 3 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 4 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 5 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
- 6 Covid delays Barnstaple councillor's trial again
- 7 'Bonkers' idea led to the creation of Children's Hospice South West
- 8 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 9 I'm Still Standing: Ambulance worker's battle against the darkness
- 10 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
Following the accident, more concerns were raised over the safety of the road, which campaigners say should be made a dual carriageway.
Police are appealing for any witnesses who saw Monday's collision or the events leading up to it to contact them on 08452 777444 quoting log number 685 of 21/06/10.