Update: Two arrested after alleged post office raid
- Credit: Archant
Barnstaple men bailed after police make arrests on Wednesday.
TWO Barnstaple men have been bailed following an alleged attempted robbery at the Bucks Cross shop post office on Wednesday.
Police arrested the 25 and 24-year-old on Wednesday evening following an extensive search and appeal for information from the public.
The suspected robbery took place at 1.15pm when a man is alleged to have demanded money from a female cashier at the shop, before fleeing empty handed.
Detective Inspector Dave Atkinson said it was a disturbing incident for the woman in the shop, who had been ‘very brave’.
You may also want to watch:
Both men, from the Barnstaple area, have been bailed to return on July 22.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 5 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 6 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 7 Celebrating 15 years of North Devon charity Families in Grief
- 8 World’s Biggest Macmillan Coffee Morning backed by North Devon MP
- 9 Devon Police commissioner commits to tackling gender violence
- 10 A dose of rugby reality for Barnstaple