Update: Two arrested after alleged post office raid
- Credit: Archant
Barnstaple men bailed after police make arrests on Wednesday.
TWO Barnstaple men have been bailed following an alleged attempted robbery at the Bucks Cross shop post office on Wednesday.
Police arrested the 25 and 24-year-old on Wednesday evening following an extensive search and appeal for information from the public.
The suspected robbery took place at 1.15pm when a man is alleged to have demanded money from a female cashier at the shop, before fleeing empty handed.
Detective Inspector Dave Atkinson said it was a disturbing incident for the woman in the shop, who had been ‘very brave’.
Both men, from the Barnstaple area, have been bailed to return on July 22.
- 1 Go ahead for 211 homes but Bideford plans fall short on affordable homes
- 2 Remembering much-loved and once-heaving Ilfracombe train station
- 3 Covid outbreaks in Devon’s care homes at highest level since pandemic began
- 4 North Devon holiday home tax dodgers face crackdown
- 5 South Molton's top 10 rating for pannier market
- 6 Stylish Victorian property offers many period features
- 7 Queen's Theatre panto audiences raise £3,200 for local charities
- 8 Help turn tide with Appledore community film
- 9 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 10 Those energy bills - what has gone wrong?