Update: Two arrested after alleged post office raid
- Credit: Archant
Barnstaple men bailed after police make arrests on Wednesday.
TWO Barnstaple men have been bailed following an alleged attempted robbery at the Bucks Cross shop post office on Wednesday.
Police arrested the 25 and 24-year-old on Wednesday evening following an extensive search and appeal for information from the public.
The suspected robbery took place at 1.15pm when a man is alleged to have demanded money from a female cashier at the shop, before fleeing empty handed.
Detective Inspector Dave Atkinson said it was a disturbing incident for the woman in the shop, who had been ‘very brave’.
You may also want to watch:
Both men, from the Barnstaple area, have been bailed to return on July 22.
- 1 UPDATE: Two people airlifted to hospital after A361 Link Road crash
- 2 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 3 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 4 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 5 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 6 Rescue dog finally finds forever home after more than 200 days
- 7 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 8 Barnstaple firm develops new anti-Covid alloy to replace stainless steel
- 9 Moore makes mark as North Devon beat Budleigh Salterton
- 10 Torrington school switches to remote learning after Covid cases