Update: Tarka line reopened after flooding disruption
- Credit: Archant
The Tarka line has been disrupted by flooding at Copplestone.
UPDATE 2.10pm: First Great Western tweeted: “Disruption caused by flooding between Crediton and Barnstaple has now ended. Services are no longer affected by this problem.^ Ally”
BUSES have replaced the train service between Crediton and Barnstaple today after disruption due to flooding on the line at Copplestone.
On Twitter, @NRE_FirstGW posted at around 1pm today (Tues) and said: “NEW: No trains between Crediton and Barnstaple until further notice.”
Buses are currently replacing trains with journey times extended by up to 40 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
Network Rail confirmed engineers were on their way to assess the situation and it is not known how long it will be until a normal service resumes.
Check back for more as we have it.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 5 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 6 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 7 Celebrating 15 years of North Devon charity Families in Grief
- 8 World’s Biggest Macmillan Coffee Morning backed by North Devon MP
- 9 Devon Police commissioner commits to tackling gender violence
- 10 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal