Update: Tarka line reopened after flooding disruption
- Credit: Archant
The Tarka line has been disrupted by flooding at Copplestone.
UPDATE 2.10pm: First Great Western tweeted: “Disruption caused by flooding between Crediton and Barnstaple has now ended. Services are no longer affected by this problem.^ Ally”
BUSES have replaced the train service between Crediton and Barnstaple today after disruption due to flooding on the line at Copplestone.
On Twitter, @NRE_FirstGW posted at around 1pm today (Tues) and said: “NEW: No trains between Crediton and Barnstaple until further notice.”
Buses are currently replacing trains with journey times extended by up to 40 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
Network Rail confirmed engineers were on their way to assess the situation and it is not known how long it will be until a normal service resumes.
Check back for more as we have it.
- 1 UPDATE: Two people airlifted to hospital after A361 Link Road crash
- 2 Heavy traffic in Barnstaple after crash involving car and pedestrian
- 3 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 4 Torrington school switches to remote learning after Covid cases
- 5 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 6 Rescue dog finally finds forever home after more than 200 days
- 7 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 8 Farmer who caused lamb ‘unnecessary suffering’ given two year ban
- 9 Moore makes mark as North Devon beat Budleigh Salterton
- 10 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up