UPDATE....Sticklepath incident - man aged 27 arrested
POLICE have arrested a 27-year-old man on suspicion of false imprisonment after an armed response team was called to a property in Bickington Road, Sticklepath, today (Tuesday). The man is understood to have given himself up after police sent in negotiat
POLICE have arrested a 27-year-old man on suspicion of false imprisonment after an armed response team was called to a property in the Sticklepath area of Barnstaple today (Tuesday).
The man is understood to have given himself up after police sent in negotiators.
A police spokesman said the incident began in Pilton Street when a 25-year-old woman called the police to report a domestic incident at around 7.30am. The woman alleged that she had been assaulted and locked in a cupboard by her partner, who had left the house and taken their three young children.
Police conducted a search of the area and the man was eventually found to be inside a property in Bickington Road, Sticklepath. At 9.15 am, a large contingent of police assembled outside the house, the home of another family member.
You may also want to watch:
The use of Tasers was authorised, but the man came out peacefully, the police spokesman said.
He said: "After several hours, the man gave himself up and he was arrested with no harm to him or his family.
- 1 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 2 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 3 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 4 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 5 High Streets reopen across Torridge
- 6 New Pebbleridge Kitchen arrives on Northam Burrows
- 7 Four cousins take on Four Church Challenge
- 8 Barnstaple flood prevention scheme at least two years away
- 9 North Devon fossil hunter's collection goes to auction
- 10 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
"He has been arrested on suspicion of false imprisonment and common assault and is in custody in Barnstaple police station."