Update: Pub re-opens after fire
AN Instow pub damaged by fire on Monday morning has re-opened today (Wednesday).
The Instow Arms on Marine Parade is now open for drinks only following the early morning blaze, thought to have been caused by a tumble drier.
The pub will still host its charity Big Breakfast in aid of North Devon Hospice tomorrow and normal food service is expected to resume on Friday.
Owners thanked staff, family and friends for all the help and support they had received on the pub’s Facebook page.
“After a terrible call on Monday morning to say there was smoke coming from the pub we dreaded turning up to see the damage.
You may also want to watch:
“Luckily it was contained and just the back areas of the pub were badly affected.
“We’ve been working late nights and all day since and we are finally open for drinks again until normal service resumes on Friday.”
- 1 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 2 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 3 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 4 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
- 5 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 6 Nightwalk returns for 2021 with brand-new venue
- 7 Rotarians have great time helping Lampard School pupils
- 8 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 9 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 10 Man dies in crash involving bicycle and car in Bideford