Update: Pub re-opens after fire
AN Instow pub damaged by fire on Monday morning has re-opened today (Wednesday).
The Instow Arms on Marine Parade is now open for drinks only following the early morning blaze, thought to have been caused by a tumble drier.
The pub will still host its charity Big Breakfast in aid of North Devon Hospice tomorrow and normal food service is expected to resume on Friday.
Owners thanked staff, family and friends for all the help and support they had received on the pub’s Facebook page.
“After a terrible call on Monday morning to say there was smoke coming from the pub we dreaded turning up to see the damage.
You may also want to watch:
“Luckily it was contained and just the back areas of the pub were badly affected.
“We’ve been working late nights and all day since and we are finally open for drinks again until normal service resumes on Friday.”
- 1 Aldi plans for three new stores in North Devon
- 2 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 3 'Kinky Boots' coming to Barnstaple's Queen's Theatre
- 4 North Devon charity organises Routes of Remembrance
- 5 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 6 North Devon Healthcare trust scores high in patient survey
- 7 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 8 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 9 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 10 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs