UPDATE: Police name driver killed in A386 crash
Driver of a third vehicle interviewed by police
POLICE have named the driver who died in a head-on crash on the A386 between Bideford and Torrington.
Martin Stansfield, 50, from Torrington, was pronounced dead at the scene of the collision near the quarry at Weare Giffard at around 11.15am on Monday. His next-of-kin have been informed.
The deceased was driving a green Citroen Saxo that was in collision with a black Ford people carrier travelling in the direction of Bideford from Torrington.
The six occupants of the Ford, registered to an address in Kent, all suffered injuries ranging in severity and were taken to hospital. There is no further update on their condition.
You may also want to watch:
Police have located a third vehicle, a lorry that they were keen to trace in connection with their enquires, and have interviewed the driver.
They have issued a plea to motorists who may have been on that stretch of road to come forward as they could be vital witnesses.
- 1 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 2 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 3 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 6 Dog Restrictions come into force on Westward Ho! Beach
- 7 Bideford paramedic compensated after winning victimisation claim
- 8 Shocked Barnstaple burglary victim watched raid on phone
- 9 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
- 10 Big opening-day wins for Bideford and Braunton
They would like to hear from anyone who may have seen either car prior to the collision or the collision itself.
Anyone with any information is asked to please call police on 08452 777444 quoting log 215 040711.