Update: Police called to man on roof of North Devon District Hospital
- Credit: Archant
Police are still at the scene trying to persuade the man down from the roof.
POLICE were called to North Devon District Hospital in the early hours of this morning (Tues) to reports of a man on the roof.
The 37-year-old man has been there since 4.20am despite efforts by police and the fire service to coax him down.
A spokesman for Devon Partnership NHS Trust confirmed the man was a patient on one of the three psychiatric wards run by the trust at the hospital.
Police left the man in the hands of hospital staff at around 11.25 as he was not believed to be a danger to himself or anyone else.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said the man was still on the roof when officers left the scene and could not confirmed whether he had yet left the roof safely.
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 3 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 4 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 5 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 6 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 7 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 8 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 9 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 10 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses