UPDATE: Pedestrian dies in A39 accident
A MAN has died following an accident on the A39 between Barnstaple and Bideford in the early hours of this morning (Sunday). Police said the local man, who is said to be in his mid 30s but has not yet been named, walked into traffic by the Holmacott layby
A MAN has died following an accident on the A39 between Barnstaple and Bideford in the early hours of Sunday morning.
Police said the 32-year-old from Glasgow, who has not yet been named, collided with a white Nissan Almera at Huish Moor, midway between Bideford and Barnstaple at around 2.30am.
He was taken to North Devon District Hospital in Barnstaple, where he was pronounced dead at 5.06am.
The driver of the car was uninjured.
You may also want to watch:
The road between the Roundswell roundabout at Barnstaple and the Westleigh junction near Bideford was closed until just after midday on Sunday to enable police to carry out investigation work.
Police are appealing for anyone who witnessed the collision to contact them on 08452 777444 and quote log 180 130610.
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 3 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 4 Holidaycottages.co.uk celebrates launch of new office in Braunton
- 5 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
- 6 Little Leo’s big challenge for Children’s Hospice South West
- 7 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 8 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 9 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 10 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council