UPDATE: Pedestrian dies in A39 accident
A MAN has died following an accident on the A39 between Barnstaple and Bideford in the early hours of this morning (Sunday). Police said the local man, who is said to be in his mid 30s but has not yet been named, walked into traffic by the Holmacott layby
A MAN has died following an accident on the A39 between Barnstaple and Bideford in the early hours of Sunday morning.
Police said the 32-year-old from Glasgow, who has not yet been named, collided with a white Nissan Almera at Huish Moor, midway between Bideford and Barnstaple at around 2.30am.
He was taken to North Devon District Hospital in Barnstaple, where he was pronounced dead at 5.06am.
The driver of the car was uninjured.
You may also want to watch:
The road between the Roundswell roundabout at Barnstaple and the Westleigh junction near Bideford was closed until just after midday on Sunday to enable police to carry out investigation work.
Police are appealing for anyone who witnessed the collision to contact them on 08452 777444 and quote log 180 130610.
- 1 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 2 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 3 PICTURES: Women 'Walk Taller Than The Trees' at Nightwalk 2021
- 4 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 5 Torridge launches Waste and Recycling Roadshows
- 6 PICTURES: Bideford 10k is back for 2021
- 7 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 8 Arts Council England announces support for North Devon
- 9 Dolton remembers resident Rolling Stone Charlie Watts
- 10 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed