Update: Man injured in tractor crash
Barnstaple to Torrington road re-opened to traffic following collision between car and farm vehicle.
A MAN has been taken to hospital with head injuries after a collision between a car and tractor on the outskirts of Barnstaple this morning (Monday).
A green Ford Fiesta, registered in Torrington and a John Deere tractor, registered in Barnstaple, were involved in the incident on the B3232 between Torrington and Barnstaple at around 8.50am.
Police said the injuries were not thought to be life threatening.
Emergency services, including ambulance and fire were called to the scene and the road was closed to enable recovery of the vehicles.
You may also want to watch:
Highways teams were also called to clear diesel from the road, which was re-opened to traffic at 11.20am.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 7 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 8 Bideford's Millbrook Dairy awarded its first star at Great Taste Awards
- 9 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 10 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival