Update: Man injured in tractor crash
Barnstaple to Torrington road re-opened to traffic following collision between car and farm vehicle.
A MAN has been taken to hospital with head injuries after a collision between a car and tractor on the outskirts of Barnstaple this morning (Monday).
A green Ford Fiesta, registered in Torrington and a John Deere tractor, registered in Barnstaple, were involved in the incident on the B3232 between Torrington and Barnstaple at around 8.50am.
Police said the injuries were not thought to be life threatening.
Emergency services, including ambulance and fire were called to the scene and the road was closed to enable recovery of the vehicles.
You may also want to watch:
Highways teams were also called to clear diesel from the road, which was re-opened to traffic at 11.20am.
- 1 UPDATE: Two people airlifted to hospital after A361 Link Road crash
- 2 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 3 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 4 Torrington school switches to remote learning after Covid cases
- 5 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 6 Heavy traffic in Barnstaple after crash involving car and pedestrian
- 7 Rescue dog finally finds forever home after more than 200 days
- 8 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 9 Barnstaple firm develops new anti-Covid alloy to replace stainless steel
- 10 Moore makes mark as North Devon beat Budleigh Salterton