Update: Man found dead on Ilfracombe beach believed to be local
Police believe the man was from the Ilfracombe area but formal identification is yet to take place.
A MAN whose body was discovered on an Ilfracombe beach on Monday afternoon is believed to be that of a local man, say police.
A police spokesman said formal identification was yet to take place but the man was believed to be in his early 50s and from the Ilfracombe area.
The body was found around 2.45pm at the bottom of Beacon Point in the Hillsborough area of the town.
A woman called the police after discovering some personal items on a footpath on the cliff.
You may also want to watch:
Police requested the help of the RNLI as the position of the body on the beach meant it could only be accessed from the water.
The police helicopter was also in attendance.
- 1 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 6 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 7 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 8 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 9 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
There are not believed to be any suspicious circumstances surrounding the man’s death.