UPDATE: Man bailed over Gorwell death
- Credit: Archant
Police question man following incident in Barnstaple suburb.
POLICE in Barnstaple are investigating a death of a man in his 50s in the Gorwell area of the town.
Officers are appealing for witnesses to an incident in Concorde Drive, understood to have taken place between 1pm and 2pm on Saturday.
A 45-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of manslaughter and has been bailed to return to Barnstaple police station in May.
A spokesperson for Devon and Cornwall said officers were currently treating the death as ‘unexplained’.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “We are at the very early stages of the investigation but we would ask any witnesses to the incident to telephone the non-emergency number 101, quoting log number CB/13/106.”
- 1 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 2 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 3 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 4 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 5 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 6 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 7 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 8 South Molton youngsters enjoy Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup
- 9 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 10 Barnstaple firm develops new anti-Covid alloy to replace stainless steel