UPDATE: Man bailed over Gorwell death
- Credit: Archant
Police question man following incident in Barnstaple suburb.
POLICE in Barnstaple are investigating a death of a man in his 50s in the Gorwell area of the town.
Officers are appealing for witnesses to an incident in Concorde Drive, understood to have taken place between 1pm and 2pm on Saturday.
A 45-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of manslaughter and has been bailed to return to Barnstaple police station in May.
A spokesperson for Devon and Cornwall said officers were currently treating the death as ‘unexplained’.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “We are at the very early stages of the investigation but we would ask any witnesses to the incident to telephone the non-emergency number 101, quoting log number CB/13/106.”
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 7 Man left with 'life changing' injuries after assault in Barnstaple
- 8 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment
- 9 Great Big Green Week backed by North Devon Council
- 10 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed