Update: Local man released on bail after Bratton Fleming crash
A second man has been released with no charges after two young people died in the crash on Friday.
A 21-year-old local man has been released on police bail while enquiries continue into the death of two young people in a horror crash on Friday.
A second local man, aged 20, has been released with no charges.
A 21-year-old woman and a 23-year-old man, both from the village of Bratton Fleming, were killed when a car left the road near Loxhore Cross.
Emergency services were called to the scene at 3.50am.
You may also want to watch:
It is understood that the burnt-out car had rolled 25ft down a steep bank and come to rest on its roof in a field.
A police spokesman said: “A small community has lost two young people and our thoughts are with their families and friends at this tragic time.
- 1 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 2 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 5 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 6 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland
- 7 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 8 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 9 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 10 Charity staff praised for support helping customers get online
“Collision investigations are taking place at the scene and we anticipate the road will remain closed for some hours.
“This is the early stages of an investigation and no conclusions should be drawn about the incident at this time.”