Update: Flooding ‘expected’ in Taw Valley
New warning issued for riverside locations in along B3220.
FLOOD warnings have been issued this morning for parts of North Devon following torrential overnight rain.
Riverside locations and roads between Taw Bridge and Newnham Bridge, including Coldridge, Chenson, Eggesford, Chawleigh, Bridge Reeve, Colleton Mills and the B3220 at Taw Bridge, are expected to flood, according to Environment Agency.
A lower level amber alert has been issued for the upper and lower Torridge areas, including Torrington, Bideford and coastal streams in the Hartland and Clovelly.
Flooding in these areas is possible and residents and emergency responders are urged to be prepared for possible disruption.
You may also want to watch:
Following heavy rain yesterday and overnight, some parts of Devon have seen month’s worth of rain in the last 24 hours.
Hazardous driving conditions are reported on the A3072 Windmill Road between the Waterloo Road junction in Holsworthy and the Moor View junction in Hatherleigh.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 5 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 6 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 7 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 8 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
- 9 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 10 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course