Update: Flooding ‘expected’ in Taw Valley
New warning issued for riverside locations in along B3220.
FLOOD warnings have been issued this morning for parts of North Devon following torrential overnight rain.
Riverside locations and roads between Taw Bridge and Newnham Bridge, including Coldridge, Chenson, Eggesford, Chawleigh, Bridge Reeve, Colleton Mills and the B3220 at Taw Bridge, are expected to flood, according to Environment Agency.
A lower level amber alert has been issued for the upper and lower Torridge areas, including Torrington, Bideford and coastal streams in the Hartland and Clovelly.
Flooding in these areas is possible and residents and emergency responders are urged to be prepared for possible disruption.
You may also want to watch:
Following heavy rain yesterday and overnight, some parts of Devon have seen month’s worth of rain in the last 24 hours.
Hazardous driving conditions are reported on the A3072 Windmill Road between the Waterloo Road junction in Holsworthy and the Moor View junction in Hatherleigh.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 3 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 4 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 5 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 6 Contactless donation station for Chemohero at Affinity Devon
- 7 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 8 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 9 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 10 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park