Update: Flooding ‘expected’ in Taw Valley
New warning issued for riverside locations in along B3220.
FLOOD warnings have been issued this morning for parts of North Devon following torrential overnight rain.
Riverside locations and roads between Taw Bridge and Newnham Bridge, including Coldridge, Chenson, Eggesford, Chawleigh, Bridge Reeve, Colleton Mills and the B3220 at Taw Bridge, are expected to flood, according to Environment Agency.
A lower level amber alert has been issued for the upper and lower Torridge areas, including Torrington, Bideford and coastal streams in the Hartland and Clovelly.
Flooding in these areas is possible and residents and emergency responders are urged to be prepared for possible disruption.
Following heavy rain yesterday and overnight, some parts of Devon have seen month’s worth of rain in the last 24 hours.
Hazardous driving conditions are reported on the A3072 Windmill Road between the Waterloo Road junction in Holsworthy and the Moor View junction in Hatherleigh.
- 1 MP Selaine backs plans for boost to workers' pensions
- 2 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 3 Superb win on the road sets 2022 tone for Bideford
- 4 Small steps of hope for Bideford and Barnstaple
- 5 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 6 Store giants say Merry Christmas 9,000 times over
- 7 OPINION: The North Devon Hospice has come so far
- 8 SWW warns: 'Don't be frozen out'
- 9 ‘What a Beautiful Noise' takes to Queens stage
- 10 Young Jack strides out again for charity