UPDATE: Driver dies in A386 crash
Man pronounced dead at the scene following head-on crash between Bideford and Torrington
A MAN has died and four people have been injured in a head-on crash on the A386 between Bideford and Torrington this morning (Monday).
The deceased, in his 40s and from the local area, was pronounced dead at the scene. His next-of-kin have been informed.
Contrary to earlier reports, he was the sole occupant of a green Citroen Saxo that collided with a black Ford people carrier, near the quarry at Weare Giffard at around 11.15am.
The four occupants of the Ford, registered to a Kent address, all suffered injuries of varying severity and have been taken to hospital for treatment. The rear seat passengers – a man and a woman – were flown by air ambulance to Derriford Hospital in Plymouth. There is no further update on their condition at this time.
You may also want to watch:
The Ford had been travelling in the direction of Bideford from Torrington and the Saxo was travelling in the other direction.
Police are appealing for any witnesses who may have seen either car prior to the collision or the collision itself. In particular officers would like to speak to any drivers of HGV vehicles in the area at the time of the incident.
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 3 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 4 Holidaycottages.co.uk celebrates launch of new office in Braunton
- 5 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
- 6 Little Leo’s big challenge for Children’s Hospice South West
- 7 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 8 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 9 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 10 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
Anyone with any information is asked to call police on 08452 777444 quoting log 215 040711.
The road remains closed in both directions.