UPDATE: Combe Martin chip shop fire winds down
The main road through Combe Martin remains closed as fire crews complete operations after a blaze at the Black & White Chip Shop on the seafront.
THE road is closed at Combe Martin seafront as fire fighters finish dealing with a blaze at the Black and White Chip Shop.
Crews from Combe Martin and Ilfracombe were called to the scene at Borough Road just after 11am and quickly asked for a further three appliances from Ilfracombe, Woolacombe and Barnstaple to attend.
The fire was on the first and second floor of the three storey building, and six fire fighters donned breathing apparatus as crews used three hose reel jets and two main jets to fight the fire.
The third storey is living accommodation but the fire service said everybody had been accounted for. The police and ambulance services were in attendance but no one is thought to have been injured.
You may also want to watch:
By 12.30pm the fire appeared to be out as crews continued to deal with the aftermath. At 1.40 the fire service reported “steady progress,” with the use of breathing apparatus discontinued and positive pressure ventilation fans used to clear smoke from the building.
Two appliances and the incident support unit were still on the scene.
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 3 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 4 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 5 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 6 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 7 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 8 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 9 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 10 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon