Update: Car collided with stationary tipper lorry
Police call for witnesses following ‘serious’ Torrington crash.
POLICE have issued an appeal for information following a ‘serious’ car crash near Torrington on Friday afternoon.
A silver Peugeot 106 is understood to have collided with the rear of a stationary tipper lorry on the A386 between Torrington and Hatherleigh, near Little Torrington, at around 1.55pm.
Both vehicles had been travelling towards Torrington although the driver of the lorry was not in the vehicle at the time of the collision.
The driver of the Peugeot, an 18-year-old local man, has suffered possible ‘life-changing’ injuries and was airlifted to Derriford Hospital in Plymouth by air ambulance.
Two fire engines from Bideford and one from Torrington were scrambled to the scene and the road was closed from Orford Mill to Hatherleigh as fire crews worked to cut the driver from the vehicle.
A full investigation is being carried out by officers from the Serious Collision Investigation Unit and police request any witnesses who have yet to make themselves known to police to contact them on 101 quoting police reference 414 of 030812.
- 1 160 traders at this year's Christmas Market in Braunton
- 2 North Devon’s Christmas Farmers Markets back at The Big Sheep for 2021
- 3 Christmas Drive-In Cinema coming to Barnstaple
- 4 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 5 North Devon Rugby Ramble returns for 2022
- 6 Children's Hospice South West opens new shop in Barnstaple
- 7 Bideford Christmas Light Switch On dates announced
- 8 Sons remember Exmoor legend at Light Up a Life
- 9 Indecent exposure near Barnstaple park under investigation
- 10 Council to ask government to lower uniform costs for 'people struggling financially'