Update: Car collided with stationary tipper lorry
Police call for witnesses following ‘serious’ Torrington crash.
POLICE have issued an appeal for information following a ‘serious’ car crash near Torrington on Friday afternoon.
A silver Peugeot 106 is understood to have collided with the rear of a stationary tipper lorry on the A386 between Torrington and Hatherleigh, near Little Torrington, at around 1.55pm.
Both vehicles had been travelling towards Torrington although the driver of the lorry was not in the vehicle at the time of the collision.
The driver of the Peugeot, an 18-year-old local man, has suffered possible ‘life-changing’ injuries and was airlifted to Derriford Hospital in Plymouth by air ambulance.
You may also want to watch:
Two fire engines from Bideford and one from Torrington were scrambled to the scene and the road was closed from Orford Mill to Hatherleigh as fire crews worked to cut the driver from the vehicle.
A full investigation is being carried out by officers from the Serious Collision Investigation Unit and police request any witnesses who have yet to make themselves known to police to contact them on 101 quoting police reference 414 of 030812.
- 1 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 2 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 3 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 4 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 5 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 6 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 7 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 8 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 9 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home
- 10 Bideford paramedic compensated after winning victimisation claim