UPDATE: Body found on Westward Ho! beach
- Credit: Archant
Police still to identify young female, who is believed to have been living in the local area.
POLICE say they are working to establish the identity of a body found on the beach at Westward Ho! on Saturday morning.
The 31-year-old female, who police confirmed had been living in the local area but was not local to North Devon, was discovered by a member of the public walking their dog, who alerted emergency services at around 9.25am.
Local Coastguard teams were called to assist police and the body was initially taken to the lifeboat station.
A spokesperson for Devon and Cornwall Police said the body was discovered near to Golf Links Road.
You may also want to watch:
The death is not currently being treated as suspicious and formal identification is set to take place within the next couple of days.
A post mortem to establish the cause of death has not yet been carried out.
- 1 Two vehicle crash near South Molton – Link Road blocked
- 2 Aldi plans for three new stores in North Devon
- 3 'Smash and grab' robbery at Ilfracombe jewellers shop
- 4 Swimbridge Christmas Arts and Crafts Fair returns for 2021
- 5 Barnstaple Enterprise Hub 'Node' launches to support local businesses
- 6 Two burglaries in Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 7 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 8 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 9 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 10 Cook book to help in Afghanistan produced in South Molton
Police are continuing to make enquiries on behalf of the coroner and anyone with any information that can assist are asked to call non-emergency number 101, quoting CD/13/69.