UPDATE: Body found in sea off Ilfracombe
Update: Fishing boat finds body of a man in his 30s or 40s this morning (Thursday).
THE body of a man was discovered in the sea just off Cheyne Beach at Ilfracombe this morning (Thursday).
Police said the deceased, thought to be in his 30s or 40s, was found floating in the water by a fishing vessel, which alerted Swansea Coastguard.
The Ilfracombe RNLI inshore lifeboat launched at 9.26am to retrieve the body, which was about 200 yards off Cheyne, between Capstone and Lantern Hill.
The body has now been taken to North Devon District Hospital and police are now trying to establish the identity of the man.
You may also want to watch:
They said there were not thought to be any suspicious circumstances.
It is the second body found off the same stretch of coastline this week. On Monday, a man’s body was discovered on a beach at the bottom of Beacon Point in the Hillsborough area of Ilfracombe.
- 1 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 2 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 3 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 6 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 7 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 8 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 9 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 10 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
Personal items were found by a passerby on a footpath on the cliff although police have yet to release a formal identification.