Update: Bideford body could be that of missing man
- Credit: Archant
Enquiries continue after man’s body is discovered on the banks of the Torridge.
THE family of missing Bideford man Caleb Jarvis have been told a body has been found.
The discovery was made yesterday (Wednesday) at around 11.30am on the banks of the River Torridge in Bideford.
Police said formal identification had not yet taken place and enquiries were continuing although they were not treating the death as suspicious.
They confirmed the family of Mr Jarvis, aged 44 and missing since December 9, had been told of developments.
You may also want to watch:
A report will be submitted to the coroner.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 3 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 4 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 7 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 8 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 9 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
- 10 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment