Update: A39 re-opened after Barnstaple crash
A section of the A39 has been cleared following a single vehicle collision.
A WOMAN was taken to hospital after her car veered off the road on the A39 at Roundswell on Friday morning.
Police were called to the scene just before 9.30am and closed a section of the road while the car, which ended up 15 feet down a bank, was recovered.
A police spokesperson said the vehicle had left the carriageway and ploughed into some trees while heading towards the Lake Roundabout from Roundswell direction.
Police, fire and ambulance attended the scene and a crane was used to remove the car from the roadside bank.
You may also want to watch:
The woman, in her 40s, was the only occupant of the car and was taken to North Devon District Hospital with injuries that were not thought to be serious.
- 1 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 2 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 3 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 4 Northam Murder: Carer denies killing widow Carol Hart
- 5 New ‘inside-out’ art gallery coming to Ilfracombe
- 6 New Trek Fest gives walkers a reward for their hike
- 7 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 8 Changes to reporting planning breaches in North Devon
- 9 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 10 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford