Update: A39 re-opened after Barnstaple crash
A section of the A39 has been cleared following a single vehicle collision.
A WOMAN was taken to hospital after her car veered off the road on the A39 at Roundswell on Friday morning.
Police were called to the scene just before 9.30am and closed a section of the road while the car, which ended up 15 feet down a bank, was recovered.
A police spokesperson said the vehicle had left the carriageway and ploughed into some trees while heading towards the Lake Roundabout from Roundswell direction.
Police, fire and ambulance attended the scene and a crane was used to remove the car from the roadside bank.
You may also want to watch:
The woman, in her 40s, was the only occupant of the car and was taken to North Devon District Hospital with injuries that were not thought to be serious.
- 1 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 2 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 3 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
- 4 Candidates for police and crime commissioner have their say
- 5 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 6 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home
- 7 Big opening-day wins for Bideford and Braunton
- 8 Dog Restrictions come into force on Westward Ho! Beach
- 9 Ilfracombe Drive-In Cinema returns this May
- 10 Pensioner gets suspended sentence for 'unspeakable abuse images'