Upcoming film starring Game of Thrones and Downton Abbey stars will be filmed in Bideford
- Credit: Archant
Open casting for the film, which is helmed by one of the directors behind the Harry Potter series, takes place in Bideford on Saturday, April 1.
Men and women of all ages are wanted for an upcoming feature film shooting in North Devon.
The makers of The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society will be holding open casting in Bideford on Saturday, April 1.
Filming for the feature, which stars Game of Thrones’ Michael Huisman and Downton Abbey and Black Mirror star Jessica Brown Findlay, will take place in April and May, with Bideford and Clovelly among the North Devon locations slated for shooting.
The film, based on the bestselling book, is being directed by Mike Newell, who was behind the camera for Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire and Four Weddings and a Funeral.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone wanting to be an extra in the film can attend the open casting session at Bideford Arts Centre on The Quay between 9am and 5pm.
Men and women of all ages are wanted for the paid extra work, but must be over the age of 16 and entitled to work in the UK.
- 1 Fatal car crash on the A39 near Kilkhampton
- 2 Summer car parking charges hike planned for North Devon
- 3 North Devon MP 'disappointed' Covid restrictions not lifted sooner
- 4 Councillor 'sets record straight' on Brunswick Wharf development
- 5 Shocked widow finds drunken sailor asleep in her Bideford home
- 6 40% of Devon adults have received first Covid vaccination
- 7 £5 a year council tax rise confirmed by Torridge District Council
- 8 Carer denies ill treating Bideford patient
- 9 'Incredible Hulk' jailed for Barnstaple street attack
- 10 Mercy for young mum 'forced' into drug dealing
Those auditioning will provide some basic information such as contact details and costume measurements before having a photo taken.
For more information on the castings, visit their website here.