Up, up and away for the Chemo Appeal
- Credit: Archant
Skydivers raise £4,300 with charity jump – and you can have a go too this July at the Superheroes Skydive.
INTREPID skydivers have taken to the skies – before plummeting back to the ground – for the Chemotherapy Appeal.
The group of eight raised more than £4,300 for the Chemotherapy Appeal. Debbie Hadley was joined by B&Q staff Harry Bentley and Amanda Richmond, Hospital employee Aleks Pytlik and fundraisers Victoria Shaw, Jan Cooke, Deanna Jeffery and Shona Ziepke.
“The experience was awesome and I raised over £1,000 for such a worthwhile cause,” said Debbie.
Fundraiser Julie Whitton added: “Skydiving is one of our most popular events, and everyone who has taken part enjoys the adrenaline rush and thrill of taking part, and it is a great way of raising funds for the Chemotherapy Appeal.”
You may also want to watch:
There is another opportunity to take the plunge, with a Superhero Skydive at Dunkeswell Airfield on Saturday, July 5.
Nurses, radiologists and others are already signed up as Catwoman, Batman, Robin and the Incredible Hulk, but anyone who wants to be a superhero for the day is invited to join the team.
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 3 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 4 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 5 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 6 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 7 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 8 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 9 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 10 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
“The event is organised by Skydive who will take you 15,000 ft into the sky, the highest altitude in the world without needing extra oxygen,” said Julie.
“The tandem skydives are an easy and enjoyable way to experience the thrills of skydiving without having to learn how.”
In addition the charity offers a jump for free scheme. If you would like to take part call 01271 311772 or email firstname.lastname@example.org