Unusual antiques stolen from Westward Ho! home
A pair of spears is among the �8,000 haul
DETECTIVES in Barnstaple are trying to track an estimated �8,000 worth of unusual antiques stolen from a house in Westward Ho!
A pair of spears; a single trap for a miniature horse; an oriental-style painting; and various valuable items of bedroom furniture have been reported missing from the rented home in Buckland Road.
The thefts, which have only recently been reported to police, are thought to have taken place between May 2009 and December 15 last year.
DC Mike Dean at Barnstaple CID said he suspected that the items may have been sold locally.
You may also want to watch:
“The stolen property is quite unique and we suspect that it won’t be too far away because of the size of the various items.
“If anyone knows anything about any of the items or has been offered any to buy, please get in contact and let us know.”
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 3 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 4 Holidaycottages.co.uk celebrates launch of new office in Braunton
- 5 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
- 6 Little Leo’s big challenge for Children’s Hospice South West
- 7 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 8 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 9 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 10 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
DC Dean can be contacted on non-emergency telephone number 101 quoting police reference CB/12/65.
Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111 or report online at www.crimestoppers-uk.org