Unusual antiques stolen from Westward Ho! home
A pair of spears is among the �8,000 haul
DETECTIVES in Barnstaple are trying to track an estimated �8,000 worth of unusual antiques stolen from a house in Westward Ho!
A pair of spears; a single trap for a miniature horse; an oriental-style painting; and various valuable items of bedroom furniture have been reported missing from the rented home in Buckland Road.
The thefts, which have only recently been reported to police, are thought to have taken place between May 2009 and December 15 last year.
DC Mike Dean at Barnstaple CID said he suspected that the items may have been sold locally.
“The stolen property is quite unique and we suspect that it won’t be too far away because of the size of the various items.
“If anyone knows anything about any of the items or has been offered any to buy, please get in contact and let us know.”
- 1 Unique seaside wedding venue to put £1m into Combe Martin economy
- 2 160 traders at this year's Christmas Market in Braunton
- 3 Bideford Christmas Light Switch On dates announced
- 4 Holsworthy link mental health centre looks set to close permanently
- 5 New recycled plastic tables installed at Victoria Park
- 6 Council forms group to tackle North Devon housing crisis
- 7 RGB's North Devon branches helping others this Christmas
- 8 Loud music man fined after breaching official order
- 9 Heddon Valley crowned top of winter walks table
- 10 North Devon MP encourages community to go 'one step greener'
DC Dean can be contacted on non-emergency telephone number 101 quoting police reference CB/12/65.
Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111 or report online at www.crimestoppers-uk.org