Unusual antiques stolen from Westward Ho! home
A pair of spears is among the �8,000 haul
DETECTIVES in Barnstaple are trying to track an estimated �8,000 worth of unusual antiques stolen from a house in Westward Ho!
A pair of spears; a single trap for a miniature horse; an oriental-style painting; and various valuable items of bedroom furniture have been reported missing from the rented home in Buckland Road.
The thefts, which have only recently been reported to police, are thought to have taken place between May 2009 and December 15 last year.
DC Mike Dean at Barnstaple CID said he suspected that the items may have been sold locally.
You may also want to watch:
“The stolen property is quite unique and we suspect that it won’t be too far away because of the size of the various items.
“If anyone knows anything about any of the items or has been offered any to buy, please get in contact and let us know.”
- 1 North Devon company fined for pollution that killed more than 9,000 fish
- 2 Family pay tribute to 20-year-old Danny Goodman after tragic collision on A386
- 3 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 4 Burglar jailed for Westward Ho! raid that left pensioners too frightened to sleep
- 5 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 6 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 8 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 9 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 10 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
DC Dean can be contacted on non-emergency telephone number 101 quoting police reference CB/12/65.
Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111 or report online at www.crimestoppers-uk.org