Unique surfboard in auction for Children’s Hospice
- Credit: Archant
eBay auction going great guns after board is donated by North Devon Surf School.
A unique and colourful surfboard is being auctioned off on internet site eBay to raise money for Children’s Hospice South West.
North Devon Surf School at Westward Ho! donated the board and asked some of the youngsters at the hospice to paint their own designs on it.
Now the board is up for auction on eBay and all proceeds from the sale will go to the charity. The auction finishes on Friday, just before 2pm and the current bid stands at £155.
Gemma McQuillam at the surf school said the artwork on the board had been ‘glassed in’ and sealed by Lewis Cherone of Creation.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a completely rideable, ready to surf board for somebody or it’s a really nice piece of artwork to hang on your wall and to help a local charity at the same time,” she said.
“We just thought it was a really novel idea to do.”
- 1 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 6 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 7 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 8 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 9 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
The brand new five foot six inch Quad Fish Surfboard can be found on eBay under item number 251269108405.