Unique surfboard in auction for Children’s Hospice
- Credit: Archant
eBay auction going great guns after board is donated by North Devon Surf School.
A unique and colourful surfboard is being auctioned off on internet site eBay to raise money for Children’s Hospice South West.
North Devon Surf School at Westward Ho! donated the board and asked some of the youngsters at the hospice to paint their own designs on it.
Now the board is up for auction on eBay and all proceeds from the sale will go to the charity. The auction finishes on Friday, just before 2pm and the current bid stands at £155.
Gemma McQuillam at the surf school said the artwork on the board had been ‘glassed in’ and sealed by Lewis Cherone of Creation.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a completely rideable, ready to surf board for somebody or it’s a really nice piece of artwork to hang on your wall and to help a local charity at the same time,” she said.
“We just thought it was a really novel idea to do.”
- 1 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 2 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 3 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 4 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 5 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 6 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 7 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 8 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 9 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 10 Good news for Combe Martin’s water quality
The brand new five foot six inch Quad Fish Surfboard can be found on eBay under item number 251269108405.