Unique award for local school
Great Torrington School has been the first in Devon to receive an Education Business Excellence Award (EBEA).
A SCHOOL in Torrington has become the first in Devon to achieve an Education Business Excellence Award (EBEA).
Great Torrington School was praised by Devon Education Business Partnership for Education Business Excellence for its work experience portfolios, work related learning activities and employer engagement.
The award was presented at the local Employers Forum on June 19, and two pupils were also given awards and gave presentations on their recent work experience.
Joe Percival was awarded ‘Outstanding Work Experience Student’ and Hazel Blackburn was runner up.
You may also want to watch:
Gwen Clarke, Devon partnership advisor for EBEA said: “Torrington School and the employer forum partners really prepare pupils for work.
“The award is not just for the work that the school does but also the members of the employer forum, it’s your award as well.”
- 1 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 2 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 3 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 4 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 5 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 6 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 7 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 8 Celebrating 15 years of North Devon charity Families in Grief
- 9 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
- 10 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
The report also recognised a number of local employers who have supported the school across a range of work experience, careers and enterprising opportunities.