Unique award for local school
Great Torrington School has been the first in Devon to receive an Education Business Excellence Award (EBEA).
A SCHOOL in Torrington has become the first in Devon to achieve an Education Business Excellence Award (EBEA).
Great Torrington School was praised by Devon Education Business Partnership for Education Business Excellence for its work experience portfolios, work related learning activities and employer engagement.
The award was presented at the local Employers Forum on June 19, and two pupils were also given awards and gave presentations on their recent work experience.
Joe Percival was awarded ‘Outstanding Work Experience Student’ and Hazel Blackburn was runner up.
You may also want to watch:
Gwen Clarke, Devon partnership advisor for EBEA said: “Torrington School and the employer forum partners really prepare pupils for work.
“The award is not just for the work that the school does but also the members of the employer forum, it’s your award as well.”
- 1 A361 Link Road closed after three vehicle crash
- 2 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 3 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 4 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 5 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 6 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 7 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 8 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 9 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 10 Barnstaple firm develops new anti-Covid alloy to replace stainless steel
The report also recognised a number of local employers who have supported the school across a range of work experience, careers and enterprising opportunities.